Sunday, November 9, 2008

A pain

Well Saturday morning we woke up and it was a nice day. Doug made us apple and cinnamon pancakes, eggs, bacon, and sausage. It is a nice treat that he does every Saturday. We went to unload the dishwasher which has been giving us trouble and the dishes were still dirty. We tried to get the dishwasher going but it would fill up with water sometime but would not start the drain cycle. We looked to see if there was something that we could fix, but no. It was the electrical that was having problems. We searched on the internet and found out that often times the electrical goes out on the dishwashers between 6 to 7 years. Some seem to go forever but it stated often this happens. Well to have someone to come look at it would just be $200.00 for labor. Well a new one was $300.00. I decided to put the $200.00 towards a new one and have new everything then dealing with a fixed old one. So we went to Lowes and purchased a dishwasher. We got the old one out without too many difficulties. (We only broke one thing which is amazing for Doug and I.) We took the new one out of the box. My first reaction was it is blue! Isn't it gorgeous that I now have a beautiful shade of blue dishwasher. Just like the new washer and dryers that you can get in different colors. I thought it would just make my kitchen pop with that blue color dishwasher in it.



No joking aside it is a stainless steel dishwasher and the protective film is blue. I haven't been able to convince myself to take it off because then my new look vanishes in 5 seconds with my 4 boys. (Doug said I can gradually start updating my kitchen to stainless, that made me excited.) So Doug installed a new dishwasher, then played with the boys, and then we had a date night and went to the temple.

2 comments:

Donene said...

That is nice that you were able to get a new dishwasher, I am sure you will see a difference in these new dishwashers, they are quiter and get the dishes cleaner. I love the blue and that was deceiving.

Unknown said...

For a minute there, I thought you were totally serious about loving a blue dishwasher!! :) I wish we could get a new dishwasher. Ours is old school, and you have to wash everything before you put it in there to get them clean. That will be fun to convert everything to stainless steel. It will look SO nice. Can't you buy something though that it won't leave the fingerprints though? Looks good thoug, even though it is still blue. :)