Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween










Carving pumpkins with Uncle Nate



Well my sons saw that my sister made ghost pancakes for her kids. So I had to make them for them they said. So we made ghost pancakes. As you can see they loved them. We had a great Halloween. We had bonesticks and jack-o-lantern pizza. They were then so hyped to go trick or treating. Doug takes them out while I stay at home to hand out the candy. As we were sitting down to eat Doug gets a call and had to leave to go give someone a blessing. The boys were so worried he wouldn't make it home in time to go trick or treating but he did. I spent the day being Betty Crocker or Martha Stewart. I made bread, bonesticks, and homemade pumpkin pie. I roasted the pumpkin, made the pie crust and the 2nd time it turned out great I don't know if the picture does it justice but I was very proud. Just trying to get ready for pie night.

The boys had a great time trick or treating. Bryce was so excited to dress up in his costume. He was just prancing around in it all night. They did half the neighborhood with Bryce and then he came and helped hand out candy. Carson had a plan that he talked to Doug about that I didn't know about. But before we go out I have the boys pick which trick or treat container they want. We have a bag that my mom made for me when I trick or treat the rest are the $1.00 pumpkin bucket types. Well he told Doug that he really wanted the bag because it could hold more and then he laid out where he wanted to go to Doug. They did it and he was very excited. And now there is more candy than I like in the house but what do you do it's Halloween.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Didn't you all ready carve pumpkins!? Either way they look good. The boys looked very good in the costumes as well. Gotta love Cowboy Duke!! :) So I was kind of confused when I got onto your blog, I thought I was on mom's and then I saw Nate's picture with Evan, and so then I was even more confused! But don't worry, I figured it all out. :) You still have your bag!!? I don't have mine, and I am not sure what really happened to it. Carson is quite the thinker though. My kind of kid!

Donene said...

The costumes were great and little cowboy Duke looked great, I thought he was going to be spiderman? but I like the cowboy. Bryce looks very cute as the dragon and I was glad to see that Carson and Layne still had their costumes in one piece. Mel I stilll have some of those bags, I will have to get you one.

Nachelle said...

I love all their costumes. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Rachel said...

It doesn't look like uncle Nate was carving pumpkins it looks like he was sitting on his beHIND! I love the costumes and the excitement!