Sunday, May 31, 2009

New Table

Well, I saw in the JCPenney catalog a table that looked like what I was looking for since my current table only had 6 chairs and now with 4 kids they filled all the chairs and there were none for guests. I had wanted a square table since you could fit 8 chairs around it and the table wouldn't be so long and take up all the space. Well the catalog showed a price of $599 normally $1039.00 for the table and 6 chairs and $99 for 2 extra chairs. Well the kicker was that it was $150 to ship the table. I tried all of the free shipping codes, 10% off codes that JCPenney sends out all the time. To no avail none of these work on furniture items. So I looked again at this online over memorial weekend and they had lowered the price on the table and chairs to $499 for the sale on memorial day weekend. So I told Doug I was buying it even if the shipping was $150.00. So my total with shipping, tax, extra pair of chairs was $800.00. He asked what I was going to do with our old one. I told him sell it on Craigslist. He was skeptical that I would sell it and get what I was asking for. I put it on Craigslist for $250.00 and sold it in 1 and 1/2 days for $225.00. So it put my total for my new table and chairs at $575.00. I was very excited. The guy picked up my old table the same day as my new one was delivered. So here is the peek at my table.



Here is the picture from the catalog.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice!! I have been selling a ton of things on craigslist, and have made some good money. I am always checking the free section too.

Donene said...

oooh, I like it!

Rachel said...

NICE! It is always so fun to buy new things......and sale the old! :)

Looks like a fun trip to Moab. Kace said yesterday that he was SO EXCITED for June because he could see his cousins. I didn't tell him that you may or may not be coming this month (that's what your mom said anyway)

Dave, Shar and fam said...

The table is beautiful! I hope you are enjoying it! Hey Happy birthday! I know I am bit Late but that is the standard for me, since child #4 I am behind on everything! But I hope you had a great birthday!

Lisa said...

Ooo! I love the new table! Congrats!

Mary Jones said...

I love a square table, its almost like sitting at a circle where you can see everybody's faces. Soo Awesome!