Sunday, September 7, 2008

Our week




Well the first picture is of Bryce and his now cheesy grin he gives when he is trying to be silly. It is pretty funny. The others are of the boys' soccer games. They have had such a great time. Evan starts his speech therapy this week so we will see how that goes. The boys went to a birthday party on Saturday they had a blast. Doug is excited now. We were talking and I made the mistake of asking how much the difference in price it would be to get a buffalo versus a beef for meat this year. Well needless to say we are now going in a month to harvest a buffalo. Now I say harvest because Doug will go out in a 30 acre pasture and shoot a buffalo. I really wouldn't call this hunting. But needless to say all Doug talks about is buffalo. We had to go sight in his muzzleloader because that is what he wants to kill the buffalo with. So if you ever want to get him talking just ask him about his buffalo.

Oh and the hot air balloon in the back is the hot air balloon that landed on the soccer fields while everyone was playing. It is the hot air balloon races so we see a lot of them. This weekend will be loud because it is the airplane races which are in our backyard.

3 comments:

Donene said...

The pictures are cute and the soccer players look great. Dad will have to talk to Doug about his buffalo. You will need to upload the backyard picture again, I can't wait to see it!

Rachel said...

I LOVe bryce's cheesy face! SO CUTE :)
Your backyard looks great and what a nice feeling to have it almost done..yea!

Nate says that he wants to try some of Doug's buffalo! I am skeptical, but I MIGHT venture out of my comfort zone and also try some :)

Lana said...

Your back yard is beautiful! Where exactly do you guys live? Your boys are really cute. We have a guy up here who raises buffalo for horse cutting- anyway he will kill one every so often. We got some from him once and we LOVE it. He made some into sausage which was really good also.