Well on Monday we went to the Dentist to have Evan's cavity filled. Prior to this back in the beginning of November he had a cavity filled and when I came back he was sobbing and in tears. I spoke to the Dentist and asked her why she didn't come and get me. She said something and then I said something. So needless to say we were going to wait 6 months to try again to have him calm down. She suggested sedation.
When I went to schedule the appointment for the second cavity the receptionist wanted to schedule the sedation. I told her that I wanted to try without it. She said she couldn't do that. I told her to talk to the dentist about it. Needless to say she thought I was pushy.
Monday we went to have the cavity filled without the sedation. Evan and I practiced holding still while I put things in his mouth. I also promised him we would go to McDonald's playplace if he held still and let them get the sugarbug out.
We went and sat in the dentist chair. He then wouldn't let them put the gas on his nose. Wouldn't open his mouth. Wouldn't let them put the numbing gel on. Screamed and kicked when they put the shot in. The dentist then looked at me and said she didn't dare drill because he wasn't holding still and she could hit other things. So we told him after trying to calm him down between all of this that he had no more chances. He asked if he could get his prize and I told him no because he didn't hold still. He jumped up and down. Tried to get back in the dentist chair saying he would hold still. So I walked out of the room because he was throwing a humongous fit. He kept screaming the whole way out to the reception area. I was trying to talk to the dentist and schedule the sedation appointment. During this whole time Evan was still screaming and throwing a fit.
So needless to say it was horrible and the dentist office probably thinks I am pushy and horrible and I have brats for kids.
5 years ago
4 comments:
LOL- Dont be so hard on yourself, Im sure they think you are a mother with a typical child that doesnt like strangers putting things into their mouth, that hurt or make them feel weird. Do sedation and get it fixed. Its better to to that and get it done than keep having him have bad experiences. He will grow out of it. You are the last person I would EVER think is mean or pushy!! You do great!!
Evan is so funny, I am sure Jeren would be the same way. Good luck with the sedation.
Rain, I feel your pain! Our kids never show their most wonderful sides at the denist! Lilly's first time they had to take her x-rays four to five times and she would only let them brush the tops! Your blog is so cute! I have a hard time keeping up with ours! Your great and a great mom!
I'm sorry Evan, you know it never really goes as planned with kids, even when you practice, I am sure we have kids to keep us on the humble side. You probably will have to go with the sedation.
Post a Comment