Well Thursday morning we were scheduled to go to the dentist at 8:00 a.m. since he could not have anything to eat or drink for 12 hours. I got the other boys to a babysitter but I had to leave before Carson went to the bus. I talked to him and he said he would be able to get to the bus by himself which means he would be home by himself for 30 minutes. Doug had a Dr's appointment at 8:00 otherwise he would have stayed home with Carson.
We got to the dentist office and we saw the Dentist. He said he had heard Evan cough. I said yes he got a cold on Tuesday. The dentist listened to Evan's lungs and said we could not sedate him today. His lungs are really bad he told me and told me to call my pediatrician and get him a nebulizer for treatment. I told him that Evan already has a nebulizer and practically a lifetime supply of albuterol since we have been dealing with this since before he was born.
For those of you that don't know the story here is a short recap. At the 20 week ultrasound it showed a big black space where his lungs should be. Basically Evan's lungs were not developing as they should and there was fluid all around them. This was very devastating to find out. They told us that our baby either had a syndrome and/or needed surgery. We called family that night since they wanted to know if it was a boy or girl and told them the news. They all prayed and fasted for us. Four days later we went to the visit for the high risk pregnancy doctor. Basically a doctor for babies in the womb. The ultrasound tech started and she kept having a funny look on her face. She then went to get the doctor which scared Doug and I. The doctor came in and started doing the ultrasound himself, he looked at us and said I don't see anything wrong with your baby I don't know why you are here.
We were so grateful for Heavenly Father healing our baby. After he was born he was fine and we went home 24 hours later. Two days later we were back at the hospital. He had jaundice so bad they were talking blood transfusions. Again we had a priesthood blessing and he was able to come home 5 days later. At his baby blessing Doug had the impression though that Evan would struggle with his health but that he would be okay.
At 3 months old he got RSV. He then proceeded to get it several times. For the first 2 years anytime he got a cold he would need a nebulizer. Last year I tried not to use the nebulizer when he got a cold to try and strengthen his lungs a bit I have tried not to be dependent on the nebulizer.
So I felt bad that I hadn't myself listened to his lungs when he go this cold. So I went home picked up the boys from the baby sitter and went back to the house. It was just barely time for Carson to catch the bus but he wasn't at the house or the bus stop. I panicked. Blaming myself for leaving him home alone. I followed the bus to school to see if he by chance walked up the road to the other bus stop. He wasn't on the bus. I searched the playground at the school and found him by this time it had been 35 minutes of searching and I was a wreck. He told me that Dad came home from his Doctors appointment and took him to school.
So it was only 9:30 in the morning but I had enough so we went home and did nothing else. I was drained. Well we did play and clean the house. And we did give Evan a breathing treatment and he was better.
At 3:30 Evan then informed me that his ears hurt. We then quickly called the pediatricians office to get an appointment before it closed. We got there and Evan is crying because it hurts so bad. We get in there and Evan has 2 ear infections. We get the prescription I dropped it off at the pharmacy and picked up pizza. I got home quickly fed the boys. Doug picked up the boys to take them to baseball practice but he had to leave early for Stake PEC meeting. So I bathed the younger 2 put them in their pajamas, ran to the pharmacy to get the antibiotics, and then pick up the boys. Get home get Evan to take some Motrin, antibiotics, and another breathing treatment. I then get all of them in bed and then I passed out.
Days like this make me tired and sometime I worry if I am doing it right raising the kids what with the dentist telling me that Evan can barely breathe and losing my 8 year old thinking he has been kidnapped. But I am trying.
4 comments:
Sorry your day was so crazy. I hope Evan is feeling better and that today went better than yesterday. We love you.
You definitely lead a crazy life! But you are an awesome mother and just remember that we all have our days. Hope things are going better.
I have totally had those days and then I wish the day would just end so we didn't have to deal with anymore. I hope things are good now, you are quite amazing! Jeren went to the dentist last week and just screamed at the dentist the whole time. Atleast his teeth looked fine, whew!
I think everyone has those days. YOu are a great mom and your boys love you. That's what is important............right?!;
Post a Comment