Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Uintah Camping

As a little girl my dad would take us up to the Uintah's camping every year.  We had lots of adventures.  So I decided now that I am close to those mountains again that I would take my kids there.  We only went for two nights since camping with young children is always an adventure.  It rained on us every afternoon but it was okay because it would warm up again afterwards.



My little girl loves to ride in the backpack.  She is always asking to go hiking.  She also loves and I mean LOVES cheetos.  So as you can see she is in heaven.



It would be fun to compare some of my family pictures when I was young to this one.



Most of the fish in these high uintah lakes are brook trout.  We got a couple from the lake but the boys loved catching them from the streams.  You could watch the action take place.  First you find the fish by looking in the stream.  Then you plop your worm in the center of a deep pool and wait for the fish to come.  The only hard part is you have to watch your shadow and be quiet with your feet otherwise the fish know you are there and dart under their hiding spots.

One of the boys fun things to do is to make forts.  And every stick is usually some sort of weapon.