Friday, September 14, 2012

Canning

Well, to add to the craziness of this time since I have 4 boys in soccer on 4 different teams, it is the time of year to put up all the bounty from our garden.  I love gardening but spending the last 2 weeks canning can get tiring.

I have done 22 pints of salsa.  I still need to do another batch.  3 quart bags of frozen peas.  7 quarts of corn.  7 pints nectarine jam.  5 pints of apple jelly.  




15 pints of peach jam.   16 quarts of peaches.


12 quart bags of frozen beans. 17 quarts of beans in jars. 


I also harvested 25 pounds of potatoes which are in cold storage.


 This is the size of potatoes and tomatoes that grew this year.  The ball is a softball.


24 quarts of spaghetti sauce. 

Several varieties of squash in cold storage.  Wait till you see the pumpkins on the Halloween post.

I still have that last batch of salsa and to can my carrots.

If you have any questions on how to can produce.  My favorite site is here.

I do enjoy all of the fresh veggies and so have my neighbors.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

SWEET MOTHER! That is a lot of canning! But you will be so grateful come winter time.

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO!! I usually try to can a lot of tomatoes, peaches, applesauce, and beans, but this year it just isn't happening. I don't know what I'll do this next yeat without my canned food!

Donene said...

Awesome! I remember years like that and it was very satisfying when it was done!