Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Valentines Day








Well the boys love to make sugar cookies with me. Carson is quite proud of them. Last year his class always asked for them because they said they were the best they had ever tasted.
So I made giant heart cookies for them for Valentines day and ones for Carson's class party. Doug and I's valentines was kind of spread out. We went to the Temple on Friday night. We exchanged gifts on Saturday for the 2 hours we saw each other and we had our dinner on Sunday night between church and home teaching.

I was quite proud of the dinner it turned out great. I made my first ever home-made angel food cake and it turned out fantastic if I do say so my self. So we had lemon butter shrimp on a bed of linquine with a selection of winter vegetables. Then we had angel food cake with strawberries and whip cream. I thought it was all delicious.

One cute thing that happened on Sunday morning though was that Evan came up to me and said "Mom, my brothers made me grumpy." I then tried to explain to him that it is him who decides that he is grumpy not the outside influences and he didn't get it. We will keep working on it.

4 comments:

Wayne and Amber said...

Glad everyone is feeling better. I love the frosting faces.

Unknown said...

Your dinner sounds very yummy!! And the cookies look very yummy as well. I think Evan's face was worse than Bryce's!! :)

Donene said...

It sounds like you had a good cookie day, I could almost taste them they looked so good. I loved the frosting faces and I love you all too!

Rachel said...

I am officially STARVING! I hope Doug had a good birthday, we still have his bday card sitting here waiting for me to take to the mail box, so just let him know we have been thinking about him. Rachel is just always late :)