Monday, December 22, 2008

Ward Christmas Party

Well on Friday Bryce could not handle it anymore and he opened one of the gifts under the tree.

That night was our Ward Christmas Party. The boys were to be shepherds in the nativity program that they were doing. Earlier this month we went to the fabric store and picked up some clearance fall fabric and I made them costumes.



We had invited our next door neighbors who are not members to come with us and watch the little boys. I have invited her to other functions with the church about 4 or 5 times before and this was the first time she said "yes." Her and her husband came and had dinner and watched the boys. It was very nice.

The boys came on to the stage and Evan just kept waving and saying "Hi, mom." Carson kept telling him to be quite and stop waving. I loved the waving and "Hi, mom." It was so cute.



I was filming the program and you can't see very well in the little viewfinder but I soon noticed Evan was not by his brothers. I stopped the camera and tried to figure out where Evan went. I then noticed that he had migrated his way over through the crowds of kids and was kneeling next to the manger with baby Jesus. I almost started to cry. He wanted to be right next to baby Jesus and was not just standing there but kneeling next to Jesus. He didn't want to stand with the other shepherds but be next to Jesus. It really reminded me of what Christmas is about. It is amazing that our little children can teach us so much.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, cute little Evan. Looked like it was a very fun program. And their shephards costumes look very good.

Donene said...

I am glad that you were able to take pictures and yes Evan is so cute! The costumes turned out very good and I am glad that the program was a success!

Rachel said...

Are they the neighbors that make all the bird noises?

Dave, Shar and fam said...

Rain, It is great to read up on your family a bit! What cute boys!

Wayne and Amber said...

Hey we linked to you from David and Shar Bailey. It was good to have Doug go shooting with Wayne and Shawn on New Years. Hope all is well. Our blog is private but if you will give me your email I will invite you. wabailey38@msn.com is our email.