Thursday, January 22, 2009

Grandma and Grandpa's

Well we went to Grandma and Grandpa Jones' the day after Christmas. The boys were great driving except for one hour. Bryce was screaming. Carson went over to him to help find his binki that had fallen down in his seat. He said "Mom he is so poopy. It is everywhere." Well we were out in the middle of nowhere and so I pulled over on the side of the road and attempted to change Bryce on an empty seat. Bryce thought this was uncomfortable and squirmed all over. This made the attempt to get the poop cleaned up that was up his back and down his legs even harder. I finally got him all clean and was trying to get the diaper and pants and the millions of wipes into a sack. Bryce then stood up and was standing there when Carson yelled "Mom he is peeing on me." So then we finally got a diaper on Bryce and put him back in his seat and took off Carson's pants and cleaned up the pee and yeah we were back on the road. We made it to the lunch destination everyone's favorite McDonald's and I got in the back to get pants for Carson and Bryce since they were free willying it. When I opened the back I could not figure out what these blobs of pink goo were that were stuck to the ceiling, walls, seats, and bags. It dawned on me what they were big globs of chewed up bubble gum. I said "Boys, where did all this bubble gum come from." They said "I don't know." I told them it came from somewhere and it is always better to tell me the truth because the consequences are always less severe. They then told me they had been eating the bubble gum they got in the stockings and when they were done they knew they weren't supposed to swallow it so they just tossed it over their shoulders. It took all my will power not to scream and yell a tirade. So I simply yelled that their would be no more gum this trip and I was tempted to tell Santa no more bubble gum in their stockings.
Other than this episode all went well getting to Grandma's it took a long time because we were having to go slow through the snow.

We had a great time at Grandma's we played the wii.

We went sledding.


We went snowmobiling.



Hot tubbing.


Then topped it off by staying up all night with family playing games on New Years Eve.

We then stopped in Salt Lake City to see Grandpa and Grandma Cannon.


We went to the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving point with the Loosles and the Footes.
We watched a dinosaur 3-d movie. It was a great time. Please notice that Evan is wearing snowpants. He got so enthralled with seeing all of the dinosaurs in the museum that he didn't want to stop and tell us he needed to go pee. So he peed his pants. We didn't have any extra underwear nor pants all we had in the back of the suburban was snowpants.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

HOLY MOTHER OF ALL POSTS!!! That was quite a lot to take in. :) I didn't know you guys were going to San Diego. Looks like it was all very good. And legoland looks very fun.

Donene said...

We had so much fun at Christmas, thanks for coming, I love the picture of Evan in the hot tub. Mel, you are so funny, she just didn't have time before she left.

The Fairbanks Clan said...

We want to go to the Dinosaur museum, but haven't had a chance yet. Was it worth going? Miss ya!