Well, my mom was a fantastic person and agreed to watch our kids so Doug and I could take a trip to Boca Grande, FL. Doug has always wanted to catch a tarpon so I agreed because they are in a beautiful location where I can go to the beach every day.
We were in a beautiful condo on the beach. Pictures from our condo are on my other camera that died. Still trying to figure out how to get those pictures off of it.
So all you have are pictures of the fish.
I tried to get pictures of them jumping but I was always to late.
Doug and I total caught 6 fish and landed 4 of them in 2 days.
The draw about these fish is that they put up a great fight once you catch them.
The first one that I caught was a baby. It was 40 pounds. Perfect for me. It only took me 10 minutes to land him. (Isn't our guide the rugged looking type.) The other 2 that day were caught by Doug, but we didn't get to land them. They were in a big group way off shore which is unusual but they were like this because of a storm the day before. Doug also didn't get to land any of these fish even though they were all around us (You can see them since they have to come up and gulp air. They were everywhere. Fishing for these fish is like hunting you spot them coming up for air and go to them.) because we were out so far you could not see the land anymore and there were 5 foot swells and we were constantly going around in circles with the trolling motor trying to stay on top of the fish since we had giant swells. Needless to say soon enough I was hanging over the side chumming for fish.
The next day I came prepared with Dramamine and there were not 5 foot swells. Doug then caught two one 110 and the other 90 pounds.
I caught the biggest one that day of around 140 pounds. The picture does not do it justice since I wasn't able to land it. I fought it for 25 minutes but then my arms started shaking so bad I was going to drop the pole. So I gave it to Doug. He got it all the way to the side of the boat but we were not able to get someone down by the fish before the fish was able to free himself from the hook.
We had a great time all in all.
1 comment:
They still look big! Maybe you can plug your camera into the USB port and it will charge and then you can get the pictures off, I don't know. Maybe it will work.
Post a Comment