So I got a crazy idea. I could make all the little boys Jedi cloaks for the party. So some brown fabric and a couple of days later this was the result. The boys really thought they turned out great.
Layne also got a huge Star Wars something or other but they all loved playing with it.
The cake he wanted a Rancor(the beast on Star Wars at Jabba the Hut's Palace). Well that was difficult so this was the best I did. The other problem that I was fighting is as most of you know our air conditioning doesn't work so well and the frosting was melting. So I would do a little and then have to put it in the fridge. Well here it is not one of my best but Layne liked it. Just a post note by the end of the party the top layer slid off the bottom layer because of the heat. It was quite hilarious.
Doug was so kind. I asked him to make sure he was home for the party for some reason I don't like doing a birthday party with 6 little boys by myself. Because he has so many brothers it is a good thing he only knows a couple of little boys his age. But I fell in love again with my husband at the birthday party. I asked Doug to be in charge of the games. The first game was one I bought it was a stick the bomb on the Star Wars ship. Then the second game was a Jedi training obstacle course outside. I asked Doug to come up with it. It was FABULOUS!!! They first had to climb up the ladder, down the slide, on the swing glider which was the pod racer and get it going until it touched the fence.
Then he hung a balloon in the tree which they had to race along the wall and then hit the balloon twice with their light saber, then they had to crawl through a tunnel, cave of despair, then wade through the pool, the swamps, then their were two more balloons in another tree which they had to throw their bombs at which were marshmallows.
Then the final task was to fight Darth Maul which was Doug they loved that part the most fighting light sabers with them.
I was so impressed with him and how much thought and work he put in to make the party a great hit. He was awesome and all the little boys adore him and I know why because I adore him as well.
3 comments:
What a fun party!! And way to go Doug!
Doug way to make the party one they will always remember. Rainee I loved the capes and hoods, you did a great job!
K...I just have to say that I am most in love with my husband when he is being a great dad! wtg, Doug!
Post a Comment